Often known as the ‘Festival of Festivals’, The Hornbill Festival is organized by the state govt. of Nagaland to engage and celebrate the heritage and traditions of the 16 tribes of Nagaland!
It is organized in first week of December every year! This tour takes you to the heart of Naga culture shows you best Nagaland places to visit and the Hornbill festival Nagaland.
What is included in the tour
- Accomodation in Camping
- All the mentioned activities.
- Driver Allowance, fuel and parking
- All transfers and sightseeing by AC vehicles
- Entry fee in all mentioned locations
- Meals: 6 Breakfasts
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight fares to and from Dimapur
- GST 5%
- Camera fees
- Any sightseeing spot not mentioned
- Personal expenses such as snacks, beverages
- Meals not mentioned
- Any costs arising due to flight cancellations/delays
- Anything not mentioned in “Includes” above
- Visit Unique Kohima attractions
- See Paddy fields of Khonoma Village
- See underground Dzuluke river
- Visit Kisama heritage village
- Kohima War Memorial
- Night Carnival at Hornbill
DAY 1: DRIVE TO KOHIMA
We will receive you from the Dimapur Airport/Railway station and start driving to Kohima. Upon reaching Kohima we will check in to our pre-booked hotel.
DAY 2: VISIT KISAMA HERITAGE VILLAGE.
After breakfast, we will visit the Kisama Heritage Village which serves as a venue for Hornbill festival. Hornbill festival is celebrated with enthusiasm and zeal. It showcases the vibrant and rich culture of Naga people.
DAY 3: VISIT MORUNGS, NIGHT CARNIVAL.
After breakfast, we will visit the Kisama Heritage Village and complete visiting all the Morungs. In evening, we will go for the night carnival.
DAY 4:VISIT KHONOMA VILLAGE.
After Breakfast, we will pay a visit to Khonoma village which is a famous tourist attraction in Kohima. Khonoma is famous for its forest and unique form of agriculture include some of the oldest terraced cultivation in the region. After this, we will visit the beautiful Dzuleke village. We will also visit the War Memorial in Kohima.
DAY 5:VISIT KISAMA HERITAGE VILLAGE.
After Breakfast, we will visit the Hornbill venue and will witness the cultural performance of various tribes of Nagaland. You can also try different kinds of wine and rice beers visiting each and every morungs.
DAY 6:DROP TO THE AIRPORT/RAILWAY STATION.
After breakfast we will drop you at the Dimapur Airport or Dimapur Railway Station for your onward journey.