Most destinations in Rajasthan have seen the tourism boom and have blended with the modern ways - but Dhariyawad, small royal town near Udaipur has still kept the traditional Rajasthani ethos preserved.
Dhariyawad was founded in the middle of the 16th century by royal prince Sahasmal ( the second son of Maharana Pratap, the legendary hero of Mewar, Udaipur.)
Situated on the confluences of the Jakham and Karmoi rivers, Dhariyawad is located in the south of Rajasthan and is surrounded by thick subtropical forests of the Aravali Hills. Bhils and other tribal people inhabit this area.
This region is unspoilt by modern civilisation, and the best cultural heritage can be experienced here. The fort of Dhariyawad has been converted into an exclusive heritage hotel maintaining the decor, and the traditional splendour of the fort.
Take this trip to enjoy the traditional yet hidden ways of Rajasthani life - while also enjoying nature's rare wonders!
What is included in the tour
- 2 Nights Accommodation in Standard rooms at Hotel Fort Dhariyawad (Actual fort)
- Pickup/Drop from Udaipur Airport/Station
- Local Sightseeing and Transfers
- Evening Safari for Flying Squirrel Viewing at Sitamata Wildlife Sanctuary
- Night Safari at Sitamata Wildlife Sanctuary
- Visit to Local Market - see Brass work and meet local potters
- Optional visit to UN awarded Thewa artwork in Pratapgarh
- Sundowner at Jakham Reservoir/Dam
- All meals starting from Lunch on the Day 1 till breakfast on Day 3. (2 Dinners, 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches)
- Forest entry charges, permits
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Flight/train fares to/from Udaipur
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Stay in the Royal Fort of Dhariyawad
- Dine and explore with Royals
- Watch the living wonder - flying squirrel
- In quest of Leopards, take a night safari at the Sitamata Wildlife Reserve
- Enjoy traditional Rajasthani Cuisine
- Explore local markets and brass/pottery work
- Watch UN recognized Thewa Artwork of Pratapgarh
DAY 1: UDAIPUR TO DHARIYAWAD
Arrive at Udaipur airport and be picked by our representative. Ride with the driver to Dhariyawad (90kms/2.5 hrs). Check-in at your room in the heritage hotel cum fort. Have a lunch in the hotel lawn. In the evening, head for a visit to Sitamata Wildlife Sanctuary where you'll see one of nature's rarest wonders - the flying squirrel - yes it exists! Later, take a night safari in an open jeep to the Sitamata Wildlife Sanctuary in quest of Leopards. End the day with a traditional Rajasthani meal at the hotel lawns.
Stay: Hotel Fort Dhariyawad
Meals: Lunch and Dinner
DAY 2: DHARIYAWAD TOWN
After breakfast, head out through the narrow streets of Dhariyawad to explore the local traditional Rajasthani ways of life - see and learn about the brass works and pottery in the town. You can also visit the famous and bigger town of Pratapgarh to admire the Thewa artwork which is recognized by the United Nations for its creativity and traditional nature. Later, in the evening visit the Jakham Reservoir for jaw-dropping views of hidden Rajasthan mountain ranges. Sundowner will be arranged at a Pagoda with a panoramic view. Head back to the fort for a traditional dinner.
Stay: Hotel Fort Dhariyawad
Meals: Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
DAY 3: TRIBAL VILLAGE AND UDAIPUR DROP
After breakfast, you will be visiting tribal village near Dhariyawad, which still has their cultures and traditions preserved in the tribal ways. Later you will be dropped at the Udaipur airport/station for your onward journey